Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to CI, need Help!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to CI, need Help! Empty New to CI, need Help! Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:25 am

So here's my issue. I love CIs. Go on 'em all the time. I'm a token beast on the pumps, and I can generally count on 3-4 invites a night.

Problem is, I desperately want to try my hand at running one, and I recently came into a map with a week left. Now, my navigation skills are somewhat lacking, as I only really b-nav when I'm evading brigands on a fruit run.

I'm looking for tips, tricks, anything, even seemingly-obvious little tidbits from folks who've already gotten the hang of it. Anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated; I'd rather not sink.

- Mert

2New to CI, need Help! Empty Re: New to CI, need Help! Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Bloodydeath

Bloodydeath

I usually go down the sides when heading in and out, and use the outside of the map to get around rocks when coming out. This avoids the sloops and cutters that might sink you. Other than that, you just bnav, and avoid the sloops and cutters.

3New to CI, need Help! Empty Re: New to CI, need Help! Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:26 am

Tlzallen

Tlzallen

I've run a bunch of these, and I would suggest just making speed runs the first few times to get a good feel for how things run in there. In other words, don't try and token, just get a crew together and run in in, fight 4-5 battles (depending on how you do) and get out. Once you get a feel for how the ships move and attack you in there, then start working on generating tokens and going after the big prizes! ;)

4New to CI, need Help! Empty Re: New to CI, need Help! Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Alniyat

Alniyat

I found this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . Not having ever driven a CI I have no idea how good it is the guys that have gone can maybe comment on that :)

ps. Thread moved to the 'Tips' forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum